Owner and Founder
Committees and Civic Affiliations
- Founder of ASAT
- Creator of the Trust Plate, local charity golf tournament raising money for disability services
- Independent Elected Member of the Management Committee of the NSW Sports Council for the Disabled Inc (Metro West region)
- Vice President – Faulconbridge Residents’ Association
- Department of Education & Training – Teachers’ Aide Special
- Chairperson & President of PATH Incorporated – Penrith Association for People with Disabilities
- Committee Member – Nepean Community Transport
- Springwood Foundation Day Committee Member
- Member of the Blue Mountains Recovery Group (for stroke survivors and their carers)
- Member of Springwood Rotary
- Member of Springwood Lions
Honours and Awards
- Children’s Week 2007 Honour Award – Blue Mountains City Council
- Centenary Medal, 2003 – awarded for service to the community
- Certificate of Recognition – Nepean Volunteer Services Inc
- Centenary of Federation 2001, Certificate of Appreciation
- Certificate of Recognition, International Year of Volunteers 2001 – awarded for contributions to PATH Inc.
BA FCA FTIA JP
- Fellow Institute of Accountants
- Fellow Taxation Institute of Australia
- Registered Company Auditor
- Registered Tax Agent
- Justice of the Peace
- Committee Member: Finance & Strategic Planning
Committee and Internal Auditor of NSW Swimming Inc
- Currently employed at the House of Gold, Bondi Junction
- Certificate III in Retail Operations from Benchmark College
- First Aid Certificate 1993
- ATY Garden Skills Course
In joining the Associated Sports Trust, Rob is committed to the vision of establishing and managing Respite and Care facilities for young people suffering permanent injury through sporting activity.
Rob’s experience as a business owner allows for a “hands-on” approach to business challenges – developing solutions that are appropriate and manageable.
His corporate experience brings the benefits of discipline, structure, communication and strategic analysis to the Trust.
He has a long history of voluntary board involvement from Licensed Clubs, Homeless Youth Support organisations and Private Education Associations – supporting Management, Case Workers and Education professionals in a way that allows them to confidently do their work.
His approach to voluntary Board work has a focus on:
- community engagement
- support of professionals within the role of the organisation
- Supporting professionals in training and development.
- Providing an encouraging environment
And with other Board members responsible for:
- policy setting,
- financial stability
- statutory compliance
Rob is a Director of Thexton Armstrong Drage, a consulting firm that advises and supports business owners in Western Sydney in making their business more profitable, more valuable and sustainable.
- Developing and managing “dashboards” that reflect the financial and operational performance of the business
- Developing and implementing e-commerce and digital technology strategies
- Analysing and streamlining business processes – achieving efficiency and accuracy in the implementation
- Establishing KPI’s for defined roles and responsibilities for all employees.
He is a member of:
- Springwood Anglican Community
- Penrith Valley Chamber of Commerce (Executive)
- BizNet Blue Mountains
- Big Swing Band (Bass)
Joel Milburn is an Australian Dual Olympic 400m sprinter. Joel has represented Australia at the Olympics in both Beijing and London. Joel is the Associated Sports Australia Trust’s ambassador, proving what dedication and perseverance can do and reminding us to fight hard to reach our goals.
Read Joel’s Blog here.